This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Cover your table with a (double )layer of newspaper, put a bowl of these shrimp in the middle, and let everyone peel their own and throw the shells into a pile. No plates needed, but definitely lots of napkins. Very, very messy.
- 1 kg large shrimps , shells left on
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning , (or see below)
- 1 tsp salt
- Put the shrimp into an 8 or 9 in.(20 or 23 cm)square baking dish.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the melted butter, lemon juice, seasoning and salt. (If you can’t get your hands on Old Bay Seasoning, just stir together a mixture of equal parts celery salt, paprika, ginger, allspice, black pepper and thyme.) Pour over the shrimp in the baking dish. Place in the microwave and cook on high power for 2 minutes. Stir the shrimp around in the dish, moving the more cooked ones to the middle and the others to the outside, and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat the rearranging and cook for 2 more minutes. That’s 6 minutes in total. Shrimp are done when they turn pink – don’t overcook or they’ll be rubbery.
- That’s it. They’re done. Dig in!
- Note: If you don’t have a microwave, the Messy Shrimp can be prepared in a skillet on the stove. Just heat the butter mixture, add the raw shrimp, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until they all turn pink.