Easy Valentine's Day Fudge
A box of this fudge, tied up with some ribbon, makes for the perfect Valentine's present.
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking pan with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and the condensed milk. Melt together over low, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. (If you prefer to use the microwave, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat mixture on high power for about 3 min, stirring twice, until smooth. Then stir in vanilla.)
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan, spreading it evenly and smoothing the top. Place pan in the fridge until fudge solidifies, about one hour.
- When the fudge is set, run a knife around the edge of the pan, then turn the fudge out on to a cutting board. Peel off the paper. Using a heart-shaped cutter, cut the fudge into lots of little hearts.