Shrimp and White Bean Tostada
This article has not been rated yet.
This Shrimp and White Bean Tostada recipe is a quick, easy and delicious Mexican-inspired dinner.
- 250 g peeled large shrimp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch hot-pepper flakes , (optional)
- 2 540 mL cans white kidney beans
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups romaine lettuce , shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- corn tostada shells
- Preheat broiler on your oven. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with oil, garlic and salt.
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet and broil 2 to 3 min or until pink and just cooked through. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 2 min or until softened. Add garlic, cumin and chili flakes and sauté 30 sec. or until fragrant.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to pan with water and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 min or until water is reduced.
- Serve shrimp and beans hot with toppings in separate bowls so that everyone can build their tostada the way they like.