Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2019 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Sheet pan steak fajitasBy Eshun Mott
Make tonight Fajita Night! This one-pan wonder comes together in a quick ten minutes. Perfect for those forgot-to-make-dinner nights.
- 1 1/4 lb skirt steak
- 1/4 cup canola oil , divided
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 1 medium red onion , cut in 3/4-in. wedges through root
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper , seeded and quartered
- Marinate steak in 3 tbsp oil, soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, brown sugar, cumin and pepper in the fridge overnight or for 1 hr at room temperature.
- Place a sheet pan in oven 4 in. from broiler and preheat broiler to high. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Add onion and peppers to a bowl with remaining 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Remove pan from oven and place steak, peppers (skin-side up) and onion in a single layer. Broil for 5 min. Flip steak and broil for 5 min or until meat thermometer reads 120F. Let steak rest 2 min, then slice against the grain. Slice peppers and onion. Serve in flour tortillas.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 13 g,
- 12 g,
- 2 g,
- 423 mg.
- Excellent source of