Originally published in the Today’s Parent November/December 2019 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Sheet pan chicken fajitas with salsa frescaBy Chatelaine
Make tonight, fajita night. This one-pan wonder comes together in just 30 minutes, and the not-too-spicy salsa is perfect for developing palates.
- 500 g skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut in long strips
- 2 bell peppers , (any colour) cut in thin strips
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 8 to 10 small flour tortillas
- 3 plum tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup regular sour cream
- lime wedges , for serving
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 450F.
- Toss chicken with bell peppers, onion and oil on a large baking sheet until coated. Season with chili powder, cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Roast, stirring halfway, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden brown, about 18 to 20 min.
- For salsa fresca, stir tomatoes with lime zest, cilantro and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Divide chicken mixture among warmed tortillas, then top with salsa fresca and sour cream. Garnish with more cilantro, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 46 g,
- 22 g,
- 5 g,
- 1014 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A