Grilled chicken nacho saladBy Chatelaine
4 to 6 servings
This is 'nacho' average dinner. Surprise the kiddos with a crunchy and satisfying take on classic Mexican snack food. It's the perfect weeknight meal.
- 375 g chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup prepared salsa
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce , lightly packed
- 1 small yellow pepper , diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 6 cups tortilla chips , preferably Neal Brothers Organic Deep Blue + Flax Tortillas
- 1 avocado , pitted and sliced (optional)
- lime wedges , (optional)
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Stir chicken, 1½ tsp oil, chili powder, cumin and salt In a bowl. Let stand.
- Combine salsa and remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large bowl. Add lettuce, pepper, tomatoes, black beans and onion. Toss to combine.
- Oil grill. Cook chicken, lid closed, flipping halfway, until springy when pressed, 4 to 5 min.
- Spread tortilla chips on a platter. Top with salad mixture, then chicken and avocado (if using). Serve with lime wedges (if using).
Cook chicken in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until springy when pressed, 5 to 6 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 31 g,
- 13 g,
- 7 g,
- 499 mg.