Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2021 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Chicken quesadillaBy Chatelaine
Bookmark this Mexican-inspired recipe for a crowd-pleasing dinner that will have even the pickiest eaters asking for seconds.
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken
- 2 tsp canola oil , divided
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 mango , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro , optional
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salsa , for serving, optional
- sliced avocado , for serving, optional
- Remove chicken from bone and discard skin. Shred meat with two forks on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Brush with ½ tsp oil. Lay a tortilla in frying pan. Scatter 1/4 portion each of spinach, mango, chicken and cheese over half of tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half to enclose filling. Cook until underside is golden, about 2 min. Flip and continue until other side is golden, about 2 more min. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
- Lime crema: Stir sour cream with cilantro (if using), lime zest and juice in a small bowl. Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Serve with lime crema, salsa and avocado, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 43 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 600 mg.