Originally published in the May 2013 issue. Photo by Jodi Pudge.
Decadent Berries and Cream Croissant-wich
This article has not been rated yet.
Brunch doesn't have to be fussy. Using store-bought chocolate croissants gives you a bakery-style finish without even breaking a sweat.
- chocolate croissant
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt , (ideally 10% milk fat)
- 1/4 cup sliced and hulled strawberries
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Use a serrated knife to slice a chocolate croissant in half horizontally, then reassemble it.
- Place on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 5 min or until croissant is crisp and warmed through.
- Transfer to serving plate. Open croissant, spoon ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt onto bottom half, top with ¼ cup sliced and hulled strawberries and drizzle with ½ tsp honey.
- Replace top of croissant and serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 14 g,
- 56 g,
- 31 g,
- 3 g,
- 105 mg.