Two-Berry Phyllo Wraps
This article has not been rated yet.
This berry phyllo dessert is a low-sugar dessert that offers crispy, crunchy taste and the nutritious bonus of fibre-filled berries.
- 12 sheets defrosted frozen phyllo pastry
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 370°F (190°C). Spread out a stack of 12 phyllo sheets flat on the counter and cover with damp tea towels. In a small bowl, combine butter and water. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the 2 tbsp brown sugar. In a medium bowl, mix together raspberries, blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Lightly baste a phyllo sheet with butter mixture, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and repeat, with 2 more sheets, layering each on top. Spoon a quarter of the berry mixture along the long edge of the top phyllo sheet, leaving about an inch from the edge to help make rolling easier. Roll it up. Slice into thirds.
- Slash each piece decoratively on the diagonal 3 times and arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat 3 times. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar before serving. Serve hot—or cold (less crunchy but still tasty).