Triple-chocolate ice cream pie
* PLUS Baking time: 5 minutes, Freezing Time: 60 minutes
This super chocolatey pie is a snap to put together and it’s a great one for kids to help with. Chocolate shavings add an elegant touch.
, or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place crumbs in a large bowl. Using a fork, stir in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press over bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake in centre of oven for 5 min.
- Remove to wire rack. Let cool until just slightly warm, about 20 min. Place in freezer to chill, about 15 min.
- While crust is chilling, scoop frozen yogurt into a large bowl. Break up a bit with a wooden spoon. Stir occasionally (as best you can) until slightly softened, 10 to 15 min.
- When crust is chilled, spoon slightly softened frozen yogurt overtop. Spread out evenly, mounding slightly in the centre. Freeze (uncovered) until firm, 30 min to 2 hr. If making ahead, pie will keep well in freezer, covered with foil, for up to 2 weeks.
- Just before serving, remove pie from freezer. Let stand for 10 min. Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate from semisweet chocolate squares. Scatter over pie. Run a serrated knife under water, then slice pie into wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 43 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,