Thick Hot Fudge Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
1 1/2 - 2 cups
Try this recipe for thick hot fudge sauce: the ultimate ice cream topping.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk , (not evaporated milk)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for another minute or two, then remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm sauce over ice cream, cake, fruit, pancakes, meat loaf, etc. Refrigerate leftovers, and reheat gently before using. Just kidding about the meat loaf.