Originally published in the May 2011 issue. Photo by Jim Norton.
Sweet Pepper Flatbread Pizza
This article has not been rated yet.
When tummies start to rumble, what's faster than delivery? Whipping up a simple flatbread pizza, obvs. There's no fussing with pizza dough and topping-wise, anything goes.
- 8 4-in. flatbreads , or 4 Greek-style pitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 sweet peppers , preferably different colours
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken , or about 1/2 a rotisserie chicken, skin removed and sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces , optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place flatbread on a large baking sheet; brush lightly with oil, then sprinkle with garlic. Thinly slice peppers into rings, and arrange over the top. Scatter with chicken, then cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts, if using.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly golden, and bread is toasted, 12-15 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 32 g,
- 21 g,
- 18 g,
- 1 g,