Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Stuffed Mini Deep-Dish PizzasBy Eshun Mott
12 mini pizzas
These easy muffin-tin mini pizzas are a perfect weeknight dinner and great for filling up the old lunchbox, too.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ½ cup tomato sauce , divided
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ½ cup pizza toppings such as diced peppers , cooked bacon, pepperoni slices, basil and sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a non-stick muffin tin with oil spray. Roll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface (about 8 by 16 in). Spread with ¼ cup of the sauce, leaving a ½-in border all around, and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Starting from long end, roll up into a jelly roll, pinching dough along long end to seal shut. Cut roll into 12 equal pieces. Fit each piece into 1 well of muffin tin, cut side down. Spoon remaining ¼ cup of the sauce overtop; sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese and pizza toppings.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 15 min or until cheese is bubbling and dough is browned on sides and cooked through. Let stand for 3 min to cool slightly, then use knife to help loosen from pan.