Originally published in the Today’s Parent September 2016 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Quick Margherita PizzaBy Chatelaine
Naan bread takes the place of pizza dough, speeding up the baking time. It's perfect for busy weeknights.
- 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups canned whole Italian tomatoes , with juices
- 4 naan
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot over medium. Add garlic and sauté for 30 sec or until fragrant. With a clean pair of kitchen scissors, cut whole tomatoes inside the can, then add to pot with juices. Add a pinch of sugar and gently simmer on medium-low for 15 min or until thick. Season with salt.
- Brush remaining 1 tbsp oil onto baking sheet. Place naan on sheet. Top each with a dollop of sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 70 g,
- 28 g,
- 3 g,
- 1600 mg.