Peppermint Chocolate Fudge
This article has not been rated yet.
16 to 16 servings
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Crush candy canes in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin or the bottom of a small saucepan.
- In a large wide saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir milk with sugar until dissolved. Bring to a gentle boil; be careful because the mixture will bubble up high in the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and vigorously stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until evenly mixed and melted. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla and 1⁄3 of the candy canes. Turn into an 8 in (2 L) square baking pan lined with foil. Smooth surface and sprinkle with remaining candy canes.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours or preferably overnight. Cut into squares. To make ahead: Covered and refrigerated, fudge will keep well for at least 10 days.
- Makes 16 large squares or 32 bites.
- In 1 square: 218 calories, 2 g protein, 6 g fat, 41 g carbs