See how the kids can help make these delicious muffins in our video:
Muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack or lunch, and these yummy morsels pack a nutritious punch thanks to juicy peaches.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 peaches , peeled, pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and ginger. Set aside.
- In another bowl, with a whisk or an electric mixer, beat together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the lemon rind.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just enough to make a smooth batter. Then stir in the chopped peaches.
- Spoon batter into well-greased muffin cups, filling them to the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick poked into the middle of one comes out clean.