Mango Peach Jam
Let's say you come across an irresistible deal in mangoes. So buy a box and eat them until you are sick of them. Then make jam. If fresh ripe peaches don't happen to be available at the same exact time, try this recipe with all mangoes instead.
- 2 cups ripe mango pulp , (about 2 to 3 mangoes, peeled, chopped and mashed)
- 2 cups peach pulp , (about 4 to 6 peaches peeled, chopped and mashed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 57-g pkg regular pectin crystals
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- In a large saucepan, stir together the mashed mangoes and peaches, lemon juice and pectin crystals. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until it reaches a full rolling boil. Add the sugar all at once, and continue to boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and ladle immediately into hot, sterilized jars. Cover with new lids, and screw on the band. Let cool, shaking the jars occasionally to prevent all the fruit from floating to the top as it sets.