Lemon Herb Marinade
This article has not been rated yet.
This is an excellent, family-friendly, all-purpose marinade. It contains no weird or icky spices to gross out your kids, and can be used with practically anything you might want to cook: chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish or vegetables.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice , (the juice of one large lemon)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves , squished
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill , or basil (or some of each)
- strips lemon zest , (from lemon, above)
- First, with a sharp knife, peel the zest from the lemon in several strips. Make sure you remove the yellow part only – this is where the flavour is. Set aside. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, salt, garlic, parsley, and basil or dill. Toss in the lemon zest.
- Add the meat or vegetables. Let meats marinate for at least one hour, or overnight. Fish and vegetables won’t need more than about an hour.