Decadent Dark Chocolate Sauce with a Hint of Mint
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 4 minutes, Standing time: 2 minutes, Refrigeration Time: 60 minutes
finely chopped bittersweet
, (about 1 cup packed)
, or to taste
- Place chocolate in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Sift cocoa powder into a pot, add sugar and salt and whisk to combine. Add corn syrup and cream and whisk until uniform. Whisk in water.
- Place pot over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling (there should be no bubbles).
- Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Let stand for 2 min to melt chocolate, and then stir until fully melted and glossy smooth. Add peppermint extract and stir until incorporated.
- Place bowl on a trivet in the fridge and let cool for 1 hr, stirring occasionally until thickened, then transfer to decorative jars and refrigerate. Sauce will thicken further as it cools. Keep refrigerated. This recipe yields 2½ cups of chocolate sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 24 g,
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 140 mg.
Use dark chocolate wafers to save yourself some chopping, but look for the best quality you can justify buying (it really makes a difference).