Creamy Strawberry Pie
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Baking time: 10 minutes
If you want to cheat and use a ready-made graham cracker pie shell, go right ahead, it really won't make much difference. Actually, you could serve this filling in an old boot, and it would still be wonderful.
1 1/2 cups
graham cracker crumbs
- First, make the crust if you aren’t using a ready-made one. In a medium bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar. Melt the butter, and stir it into the mixture until thoroughly combined.
- With clean hands, have your little helper press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (22 cm) pie plate. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Let cool completely before filling.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, the granulated sugar, and the vanilla until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, have your small (but eager) assistant attack the strawberries with a fork and mash them to a pulp. Lumps are fine – this shouldn’t be pureed. Stir into the cream-cheese mixture. Now whip the cream with the icing sugar until stiff and then gently fold into the cream-cheese mixture.
- Spoon the creamy strawberry filling into the pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving. Decorate the top with additional non-mashed strawberries, tastefully arranged to resemble the Starship Enterprise, a flower, or just something simple, like the underwater scene from “The Little Mermaid.”