Chocolate-Covered Coffee-Stirring Spoons
This article has not been rated yet.
15 to 15 servings
Pick up a pile of odd teaspoons at any junk store or garage sale and transform them (ta da!) into ultra-trendy coffee spoons. Or use heavy duty plastic spoons instead.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Line two cookie sheets with waxed or parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, or a small saucepan, over hot (not boiling) water, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Have your child dip the spoons into the melted chocolate, completely covering the bowl of the spoon. No licking, you hear? Place the spoons on the cookie sheets and refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- Now melt the white chocolate chips in the double boiler, stirring until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into a small zip-top plastic bag, squish to force out most of the air, and zip it closed. Cut a teensy hole in one corner of the bag, and gently squeeze to pipe the white chocolate over the chocolate-covered spoons, making zigzag or squiggly designs. Return the spoons to the cookie sheets and refrigerate until completely hardened.
- Wrap each spoon in cellophane or plastic wrap and tie with a ribbon. Pack 5 or 6 of these spoons into a coffee mug along with some fancy cookies.