Cheesy Camp BurgersBy Chatelaine
Take a regular old cheeseburger to the next level by padding the interior of your patty with a wedge of cheese. Oh, yes we did.
- 4 20-g rounds of Babybel cheese
- 1.5 kg medium ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- 2 dill pickles , sliced lengthwise
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Cut each cheese in half horizontally to make 8 rounds.
- Divide beef into 16 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty, about 4 in. wide. Lay 1 cheese round in the centre of each of 8 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in the cheese, then pat down to flatten to 5 in. wide. Sprinkle both sides of burgers with salt and pepper.
- Oil grill. Barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 7 min per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and pickles.
Camp prep tip
Freeze burgers and keep in cooler. Barbecue frozen burgers, lid closed, about 8 min per side.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 42 g,
- 27 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 696 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin B12