Brownie Ice Cream Bombe
This article has not been rated yet.
This brownie ice cream bombe looks and taste impressive, and can be made ahead of time and kept in the freezer until you're ready to serve it. Try adding strawberries or chocolate chips to the ice cream mixture, if you want.
- 1 28-g square semi-sweet chocolate , (1 oz), melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup soft margarine , or butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 250-g pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 cups ice cream , (any flavour you like)
- First, line a round 6 cup (1.5 L) bowl with plastic wrap. The diameter of the bowl shouldn’t be larger than 9 in. (22 cm). Drizzle the melted chocolate all over the plastic lining of the bowl, then place in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
- Now, make the brownie base. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, cream together the eggs, margarine or butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and beat well to combine. Pour batter into a greased 9 in. (22 cm) springform pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese and corn syrup until smooth. Slowly, beat in the ice cream until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly mixed. Pour into the chocolate-drizzled bowl. Place in the freezer until firm – several hours or overnight.
- Finally—put it all together. Take the ice cream mixture out of the freezer. Remove the brownie layer from the springform pan and place it over the bowl containing the ice cream mixture. Turn the whole business upside down, remove the bowl and peel the plastic wrap off. Is that gorgeous or what?
- Let stand for a few minutes before slicing.