This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
This flavourful veggie pancake makes an impressive and pretty main course. It's easy on the wallet too! Big kids can help by grating the veggies and cheese.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 leek , white part only
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed grated Swiss , or cheddar, about 5 oz (140 g)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style or Balkan yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grate sweet potato and measure out 3 cups (750 mL). Grate carrot and measure out 1 cup (250 mL). Squeeze both dry with paper towels and place in a bowl. Thinly slice leek and add to grated vegetables. Toss all with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Stir into grated veggies. Stir in cheese. Press into a greased 9 in (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in centre of oven until deep golden, 35-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt with Dijon. When galette is baked, let cool 5 minutes. Slice into wedges, top each with a dollop of yogurt sauce, and serve.
- In a serving: 351 calories, 19 g protein, 17 g fat, 30 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre, 427 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 54 mcg folate
Nutrition (per serving)
- 19 g,
- 17 g,
- 2 mg.