Originally published in the March 2010 issue. Photo by Yvonne Duivenvoorden.
Tuscan Chicken Stew
This article has not been rated yet.
There’s minimal chopping required with this easy one-dish dinner. Serve it over a bed of rice with hot sauce on the side for the adventurous crowd.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , or a combination of boneless breasts and thighs
- 1 393-mL can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary , crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 250 g green beans , (cut them in half if they're long)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Slice each breast into 3 or 4 chunks; cut thighs in half. Season with salt to taste.
- Add half the chicken to pan. Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes a side. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add tomatoes, basil, rosemary and garlic. Bring to a boil. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Add beans and olives. Continue to cook, uncovered, until beans and chicken are cooked through, 10-15 minutes more. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32.3 g,
- 9.3 g,
- 7.6 g,
- 2.9 g,