Photos, videos and recipe rights, courtesy of Ontario Turkey. © Copyright 2018 Turkey Farmers of Ontario. All Rights Reserved.
Turkey QuesadillasBy Ontario Turkey
A perfect snack, make these quesadillas ahead then cook them just before you want to eat.
- 1 8oz skinless, boneless Ontario Turkey Breast , cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large green bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper , freshly ground
- 6 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups light Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese , shredded
- 3/4 cup salsa , (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook Turkey, stirring for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove to plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and cook pepper, onion and chili powder for about 3 minutes or until onions just begins to soften. Stir in Turkey, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Divide Turkey mixture among half of each of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and fold over uncovered half, pressing to help seal.
- Wipe out skillet and place over medium heat and place folded tortilla in pan and cook, on both sides until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut each into 4 wedges and serve with salsa, if desired.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 31 g,
- 18 g,
- 6 g,
- 843 mg.