Tofu Bites with Ponzu SauceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Up your tofu game with this Japanese dish. Ponzu sauce is a sweet-sour, citrusy glaze that's so simple to make.
- 300-g block soft tofu
- small peeled carrot , grated
- 2 tbsp orange-lime ponzu , (recipe below)
- finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant dashi powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- For orange lime ponzu: Combine soy with mirin, sugar and dashi in a small saucepan. Set over medium and bring to a boil. Whisk until sugar and dashi dissolve. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon and orange juices. Use right away or pour into a jar. It will keep well, refrigerated, up to a month.
- For tofu-ponzu bites: Gently pat a 300-g block of soft tofu dry with a kitchen towel. Set on a serving plate. Grate a small peeled carrot over tofu and sprinkle with snipped chives. Drizzle with 2 tbsp Orange-Lime Ponzu. Serve cold.