Spring Chicken Wraps
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 green sweet pepper , diced
- 750 g ground chicken , or turkey
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 12 big leaves romaine lettuce , or green leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large frying pan or wok on high, and stir-fry ginger and green pepper for 1 minute. Add chicken, press down with a spatula, and leave to sear for 1 minute. Add sauce mixture and stir-fry 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink, and is cooked through. Mix in green onions and transfer to a serving bowl.
- For each wrap, place 2 large spoonfuls of the chicken mixture on a lettuce leaf, gently fold and enjoy with a scoop of Red, White and Green Slaw
- In 3 wraps: 461 calories, 31.4 g protein, 31.6 g fat, 11.8 g carbohydrates, 2.9 mg iron, 99 mcg folate