- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice, from 1 to 2 limes
- 2 tbsp each liquid honey and sesame oil
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup black and white sesame seeds
- 450 g thin chicken cutlets, about 3
- pinch of salt
- 450 g pkg broad egg noodles
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks peeled and chopped
- 450 g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk soy with lime juice, honey, sesame oil and 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil. Meanwhile, place flour egg white and sesame seeds each in separate shallow dishes. Sprinkle cutlets with salt. Coat in flour, then egg, shaking off excess. Press into sesame seeds.
- Coat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil and set over medium-high heat. When hot, add sesame-coated cutlets to pan. Cook until lightly golden on each side and cooked through, 7 to 8 min per side. Remove to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice with a serrated knife into 1⁄2-in strips.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta and vegetables. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally, for 4 min. Then add broccoli and green beans. Continue to boil until noodles are al dente and broccoli and green beans are tender, 2 to 4 min. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat. If made ahead, noodles and veggies can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 day.
- Drizzle soy mixture over cooled cooked pasta and vegetables, and toss to mix. Remove to a serving bowl. Top with chicken strips and serve at room temperature.