Sausages in Beer
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 3 servings
This is the perfect use for that flat bottle of beer lurking at the back of the fridge. Or, if you prefer, use non-alcoholic beer.
- 500 g sausages , (any kind)
- 1/2 cup beer , (leftover flat or freshly opened)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce , salsa or (if all else fails) ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mustard , (whatever kind you have)
- With a fork, pierce each of the sausages a few times to allow some of the fat to drain out. Place them in a medium skillet, with no additional oil, and cook over medium heat, turning them until nicely browned on all sides. Drain off the fat, if any.
- To the pan, add the beer, chili sauce (or whatever you’re using), brown sugar and mustard. Lower the heat, cover the pan with a lid, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the sausages are cooked through. Serve with something potatoey to soak up the sauce, or stuffed into a bun with the sauce drizzled over.