This article has not been rated yet.
An infinitely variable dish that is made up of whatever happens to be available at the time. If you don't have any salmon around, just try another protein.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 cup canned or smoked salmon , flaked
- 8 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup cream cheese , cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp parsley , or dill, chopped
- Before you start cooking, have all the ingredients ready.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 to 7 min. Add the flaked salmon and stir for 1-2 min, until hot. Then stir in the eggs and the cream cheese cubes and cook over medium heat until the eggs are scrambled and the cream cheese is melted. Don’t overscramble: You should still be able to see clumps of cheese. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or dill and a light dusting of paprika. Serve immediately.