Originally published in the Today’s Parent September/October 2018 issue. Photo by Erik Putz.
Salmon and Mango Fresh RollsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Kids will love assembling these pretty rice paper rolls. With crisp cucumber and juicy mango, they'll be the talk of the lunchroom.
- 6 large rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 mango , cut into strips
- 1 mini cucumber , seeded and julienned
- 1 salmon burger , cut into 1/2-in. thick slices
- 1 green onion , cut into long strips
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 12 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- Working with 1 at a time, dip rice paper into a bowl of hot tap water for about 8 seconds or until pliable but not soft. Lay wrapper on work surface and top with a small handful of greens, mango, cucumber, salmon, green onion, cilantro and mint. Roll up tightly, tucking in sides to fully enclose. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Keep covered with a damp towel until ready to eat.
- Whisk together dipping sauce ingredients and serve.
Nutrition (per piece)
- 6 g,
- 12 g,
- 5 g,
- 1 g,
- 407 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12