Real Chicken Nuggets
This article has not been rated yet.
Real Chicken Nuggets for real kids!
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp crumbled dried oregano , or Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet or spray with non-stick vegetable oil baking spray.
- In a plastic bag, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegetable oil and chicken chunks, and stir just to coat the chicken evenly. Working with 3 or 4 pieces of chicken at a time, add to the crumb mixture in the bag and shake well to coat evenly. Remove chicken carefully (make sure you don’t rub the crumbs off) and arrange on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken chunks. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes so they bake evenly, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favourite dipping sauces.