Pizza Pasta Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
Throw all your favorite pizza toppings into a pasta salad and turn it into, what else? A pizza pasta salad. Or is it a pasta salad pizza?
- 1/2 cup olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar , or wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , squished
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning , (or a pinch each of oregano, basil and rosemary)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 500 g rotini pasta , (about half of a 900 g package)
- 1 cup pepperoni , cut into 1/4-in. cubes
- 1 cup provolone , or mozzarella, cut into matchsticks or cubes
- 12 cherry tomatoes , cut in half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan , grated
- 1 Italian flatbread shell
- 1 medium green sweet pepper , sliced into thin rings
- First make the dressing. In a jar with a screw-top lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Shake like crazy to mix. Singing helps.
- While this is going on, cook the rotini in plenty of boiling salted water until tender but not mushy. Drain, then rinse under cold running water, and drain thoroughly. Dump into a bowl. Add the pepperoni, provolone, tomatoes and the grated Parmesan. Pour in the (extremely well shaken) salad dressing, and toss until well mixed.
- Spoon the pasta salad into the flatbread shell, and decorate oh-so-tastefully with green pepper rings. And whatever else is handy.
- Serve pasta salad with wedges of flatbread.