One-Pot Tuna and Mac
This article has not been rated yet.
A great lunch or an excellent dinner. Throw in whatever veggie you like - fresh, frozen or canned - and it's a tasty mess-free meal.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes , (or 1 tbsp bouillon powder)
- 2 cups small shell pasta , elbow macaroni or other small pasta shape
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned green beans , peas or broccoli, cut into 1/4-in. pieces
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 184-g can chunk tuna , drained
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and bouillon cubes or powder to a boil over high heat. Add the uncooked pasta and bring back to a boil, stirring. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add the milk, veggies and pepper and continue to cook, partially covered, for another 5 minutes – stirring frequently. Remove from heat, add the cheese and tuna and stir just until the cheese is melted.