Omega-3-Boosted Chicken Fingers
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
A little ground flaxseed adds healthy fats, fibre and crunchiness to kids' favourite chicken fingers
- 680 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg , beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflake cereal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 1½ in (3.5 cm) wide strips. Place in a medium bowl and combine with egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine cornflakes, ground flaxseed and cheese, then spread in an even layer on a large plate. One at a time, roll chicken strips in the crumb mixture, pressing down to help the coating stick. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, turning at halfway point, until golden brown and cooked through.