Lamb on a Stick
This article has not been rated yet.
Shake up your next barbecue with this tasty twist on the burger — lamb on a stick!
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2-in. ginger , peeled and finely grated
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 1/2 lb ground lamb , (you can substitute pork or beef)
- 6 metal or bamboo skewers
- 6 whole wheat pitas
- store-bought tzatziki
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high. In a large bowl, combine mint, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne to taste. Add lamb and combine well.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal mounds. Roll each into a ball, place skewer through the middle, then form into a sausage shape along the the skewer, about 6 in (15 cm) long.
- Grill skewers 4 minutes, turn, then grill for an additional 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside and internal temperature has reached 165°F (74°C). Wrap a pita around 1 kebab, hold on and pull meat off the skewer. Serve with tzatziki and chopped onion, tomato and cucumber.
- In 1 serving: 387 calories, 26 g protein, 17 g fat, 34 g carbs, 5 g dietary fibre, 4 mg iron, 5 mg zinc