Originally published in the September 2013 issue. Photo by Maya Visnyei.
Italian Chicken QuesadillaBy Eshun Mott
This article has not been rated yet.
Tortillas are basic, but they work hard for you. Fill them up with rotisserie chicken, spinach, cheese and pesto to make a lunch box-worthy quesadilla.
- ⅔ cups skinless, shredded rotisserie or leftover cooked chicken
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese , divided
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas
- ⅓ cup baby spinach
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Toss chicken with pesto.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cheddar cheese over half of each tortilla.
- Top cheese with reserved chicken mixture (dividing between two tortillas). Add baby spinach to each tortilla and divide another ¼ cup cheddar cheese between them. Fold in half and press down to seal.
- Heat canola oil in frying pan over medium. Add quesadillas and fry for 1 to 2 min per side or until tortillas are golden and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve or pack in a lunch box.