Good Old Red Barbecue Marinade
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 2 servings
It's sweet. It's red. It's already got ketchup in it. Is this perfect or what? Use to marinate beef, pork or chicken, or to baste hamburgers while cooking.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard , (any kind)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine with meat and let marinate for at least one hour before cooking (longer is OK, too). Reserve some marinade to use as a basting sauce while grilling, and as a dipping sauce to serve with the cooked meat. Makes enough for at least 2 lb. (1 kg) of meat, with some left over for dipping.