Fresh Tomato Pasta
This article has not been rated yet.
The pure taste of raw summer tomatoes shines in this topping for pasta
- 3 large fresh tomatoes , cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and smashed
- olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- black pepper , to taste
- 300 g dried pasta , such as penne or orecchiette
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar
- grated Parmesan , for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper. Let the mixture marinate (stir once) while you cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and return to the pot. Toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking, then immediately toss with shredded cheddar while the pasta is still hot. Drain the tomatoes (discarding garlic and marinating liquid) and stir into pasta. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.