Foil-baked Salmon with Spinach
Baked in a foil pouch, salmon is steam-cooked to perfection, creating something moist and tasty that neither parents nor their toddlers can resist. Serve with rice or orzo pasta.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp rice vinegar , or sherry
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 green onions , (green and white parts), sliced thinly into 2-in. lengths
- 500 g skinless, boneless salmon fillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mound baby spinach in the middle of a 2 ft (60 cm) long piece of aluminum foil, and place salmon filet on top. Spoon half of the sauce over filet, cover with carrots and green onions, then spoon over the remaining sauce. Fold long edges of aluminum foil toward the centre and crimp. Twist ends closed. Place on a baking sheet and bake 40 minutes or until salmon flakes and is cooked through.
- To tempt toddlers: Flake fish, double-checking there are no bones and mix in carrots and spinach.