Easy Peasy Cheesy Quesadillas
These easy peasy cheesy quesadillas are a gooey, good-for-you main dish quick to cook on your BBQ or stovetop.
, (7 in/18 cm size)
, (about 1 1/3 cups) or 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- If using outdoor grill, preheat to medium high. Lightly brush 1 side of each tortilla with olive oil and spread goat cheese on the other side. Slice tomatoes thinly.
- To assemble, cover the goat cheese side of 6 tortillas with a layer of tomato slices. Arrange a few basil leaves on top. Top with remaining tortillas, cheese side down. Press so each quesadilla sticks together.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a large dry frying pan over medium high, or on a preheated outdoor grill, cook quesadilla 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese melts. Wrap in aluminum foil and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining quesadillas.
- Makes 6 quesadillas, about 3 adult or 6 child-size servings.
- In 1 quesadilla: 397 calories, 17 g protein, 13 g fat, 59 g carbs, 6 g dietary fibre