Dijon Baked Fish
4 to 4 servings
Delicious and convenient as this is, do not serve immediately after watching Finding Nemo.
- 750 g fish fillets , (any kind)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs , (homemade ones are nice, but any kind will do)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Butter a 9 x 13 in. (23 x 33 cm) rectangular baking dish or spray with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Put in the microwave and nuke on high power for 30 seconds, or until the butter melts. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the fish fillets in the baking dish and, with a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture over the fish, using all of it. This is a perfect opportunity for an artistic child to put his talent to good, useful purpose. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the fish. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Thicker fillets (like salmon) will take a bit longer to bake than thin ones – fish is done when a fork jabbed into the thickest part of the fillet can pry apart the flakes easily.