David's Mother's 5-Minute Tomato Sauce
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Chef David Rocco cooks up a kid-friendly meal in minutes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , coarsely chopped
- hot-pepper flakes , to taste (optional)
- 1 796-mL can plum tomatoes
- salt , to taste
- 5 basil leaves
- pasta , of your choice
- Heat olive oil and gently brown the garlic; if you like a bit of heat, add some chili pepper flakes. You can substitute onions for the garlic or use both, depending on what you like.
- Meanwhile, put the plum tomatoes in a bowl and squeeze them with your hands until they’re the texture you want. When the garlic is gently browned, throw in the tomatoes and some salt, and let simmer 5 minutes. Tear up some fresh basil and toss it in. There you have it.
- Tomato sauce recipe from David Rocco’s Dolce Vita © 2008 by Rockhead Entertainment Inc. Published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved. davidrocco.com