Corn pancakesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
4 servings (12 pancakes)
Pancakes for dinner? Breakfast makes for a tasty dinner with savoury hotcakes served with a tossed roasted pepper, corn and mesclun salad.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded old cheddar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 2 1/3 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn , divided
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 3/4 cup prepared roasted pepper antipasto
- 2 cups hearty mesclun , or mixed green salad
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in Cheddar and onion.
- Whisk eggs, milk and mustard in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture just until combined, then fold in 2 cups corn.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Pour some of the batter into pan, forming 3½-in. pancakes. Cook, flipping once, until golden, about 3 min per side. Repeat with remaining batter and oil.
- Divide pancakes among 4 plates. Toss antipasto, remaining 1/3 cup corn and salad. Serve over pancakes.
If using fresh corn, microwave in bowl until tender, 2 to 3 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 45 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 592 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A