Chicken Parmesan Cutlets
This article has not been rated yet.
If your kids are chicken finger fanatics, substitute a pound of boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips.
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb seasoning , or dried basil, thyme or oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 chicken breast cutlets , (or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally and pounded flat)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges , (optional)
- In a shallow dish, stir bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, dried herbs and salt to mix. In a separate shallow dish, whisk the egg together with the water.
- Dip 1 cutlet in the egg mixture. Shake off excess, then dip in bread crumb mixture, pressing to coat well. Set aside on a tray. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, over medium heat. Once hot, add the prepared cutlets, cooking until golden, about 4 minutes a side.
- Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing overtop, or store-bought tzatziki for dipping.
- Makes 4 servings.
- In a serving: 217 calories, 29.5 g protein, 7.7 g fat, 5.7 g carbohydrates, 38 mg magnesium, 70 mg calcium, 1.1 mg iron, 1.3 mg zinc