Barbecue Chicken Pizza
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 4 servings
Throw an extra chicken breast on the grill when you're cooking dinner tonight, and you've got the start of tomorrow's delicious pizza.
- 1 chicken breast , grilled (or cooked in some other way)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce , (any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack
- 1/2 cup corn kernels , (frozen or cooked corn cut from the cob)
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1 12-in. unbaked pizza crust
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Spread half of the barbecue sauce evenly over the surface of the unbaked pizza crust. Sprinkle with about 1 cup (250 mL) of the shredded cheese.
- Cut the grilled chicken up into chunks or slivers. Toss with half of the barbecue sauce, then have your child arrange the pieces over the pizza crust, and sprinkle with the corn, green onions and diced tomato. Scatter the remaining cheese over everything.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned on the bottom and the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Vegetarian Barbecue Variation: Substitute 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned black beans for the chicken in the recipe. Hey – vegetarians like barbecue, too!