Bacon and Pea Pasta
This article has not been rated yet.
2 to 4 servings
This recipe is quick and easy to make
- 375 g your favourite pasta
- 3 strips bacon , cut into 1-in. pieces
- thinly sliced shallot , (or half a small onion, diced)
- 2 to 3 cups fresh or frozen shelled green peas
- black pepper
- grated Parmesan
- While boiling pasta, cook bacon in a heavy saucepan. When bacon starts to release its fat, throw in shallot or onion, and cook over low heat until shallot is translucent and soft. Drain cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) or so of the cooking water, and tip pasta into pan with the bacon. Add peas and toss over low heat. Add cooking water 1 tbsp (15 mL) at a time until pasta is nicely moist. Season with salt, pepper and a little grated Parmesan.