Originally published in the Today’s Parent April 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
Breakfast PizzaBy Chatelaine
Bacon and eggs are right at home atop a doughy pizza crust.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 250 g pizza dough
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a 9 x 13-in. metal baking pan with oil.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add bacon. Fry until bacon is cooked through, 2 to 3 min per side. Transfer to paper towels. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and brown, about 10 min. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 min. Set aside.
- Roll dough into a 9 x 13-in. rectangle. Carefully transfer to prepared pan. Spread with sauce. Scatter spinach mixture on top, then sprinkle with cheese. Arrange bacon on top. Bake in centre of oven for 12 min.
- Crack eggs on top of pizza. Continue baking until edges are golden and egg whites are set, 7 to 9 more min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 26 g,
- 21 g,
- 3 g,
- 632 mg.