Pumpkin Nut Loaf
This article has not been rated yet.
1 to 1 servings
Contributed by Liz Bezies, Toronto, Ontario Winner in the Muffin and Quick Bread Contest, sweet quick bread category
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 398-mL can pure pumpkin purée , or 1 1/2 cups homemade pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated skim milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 5 in. (23 x 12 cm) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole egg, egg white, pumpkin pur’e, granulated sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk and oil until blended. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Pour into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove loaf from pan and let cool completely.